The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the institution. The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and maintaining Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) in the activities of the institution. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes an integral part of the institution's system and works towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell of SCD Govt College Ludhiana was formed in the year 2003 as per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines to look into all aspects of quality assurance and quality enhancement in the working of the institution. SCD Govt College Ludhiana was accredited by NAAC in 2004 for the first cycle, in 2016 for the second cycle and secured Grade A both times.
Functions of IQAC
- Monitoring and ensuring quality in various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Arrangement of Feedback Response from students, parents and other stakeholders on working of the institution.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes for the holistic development of students.
- Initiating training and Faculty Development Programmes for the teachers so as to bring out the best in them.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.