S.C.D Government College, Ludhiana set up ‘Women Development Cell’ during academic year 2020-21 as per guidelines of UGC to prevent and deter the commission of any act of harassment to protect women’s rights to gender equality and provide a favourable environment for work/study within the campus. It is a platform for female learners to make them aware of their potential. The cell sensitizes and empowers the students of the institution towards the cause of gender equality that equips and allows women to make life-determining decisions through different problems in society. It is also responsible to undertake the awareness programmes on gender sensitization, women rights and women empowerment in college campus. The Cell has both the faculty and students of the College and works with an aim to create a gender sensitised community within the campus as well as in the society. It has been organising varied academic, cultural and social events for the upliftment of women and spread the importance of gender equality & gender sensitivity in society through the College students.
Mission and Vision
Women Development Cell aims at empowering and orienting women to recognise their true potential and to help them attain their own stand in a competing world. The Women’s Development Cell (WDC) is a statutory body for the prevention of and action against sexual harassment of women.
Objectives of WDC
- To create awareness about health and hygiene among girl students.
- To promote the general well-being of female students and teaching and non-teaching women staff.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women in general and gender discrimination in particular by means of programs like lectures, workshops and seminars.
- To create legal awareness among women by informing them about Women’s Welfare Laws.
- To develop skills among the girl students by means of workshops and training programs for their overall personality development as well as for the encouragement of self-reliance among them.
- Webinar - Understanding PCOD by Gitanjali Kaur
- International Women’s Day Celebration
- Spring Marketing Fest
- Mehandi Competition
- Poster Making Competition
- Slogan Writing Competition
- Best Out of Waste Competition
- Self Grooming Workshop on Makeup and Nail Art
- Wall Hanging Competition